Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Matinee: Olek

There's been a lot of buzz out there lately about fiber artist Olek.  You probably have seen her most recent work, the darling Wall Street Bull:


Bull-by-olek-front-pic


I am a huge fan of knit and crochet graffiti.  We have a group her in Kansas City, Knit Happens, that did a few light poles in my neighborhood.  They always made me so happy when I'd drive by them.  They haven't done any new work for awhile, get on it guys!  


I did a little more research on Olek and found some more of her awesome work.  So here's a few videos and some of my favorite images from her website



OLEK at 3rd Streaming from kai on Vimeo.


 

 



Knitting is For Pus**** from olek on Vimeo.


03


Instal05. crocheted windows nr 2 and crocheted object nr 1


IMG_8322


06.


love, emmy-ray


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment