Friday, January 7, 2011

Floral Friday: Favorite Bridesmaids Bouquets of 2010

The count down continues, this time with bridesmaids bouquets.  Some people see the bridesmaids bouquets as a less fantastic version of the bridal bouquet.  However I see it as a chance to make a statement that will make each member of the wedding party feel special.  Here are my favorites from this year in no particular order:


IMG_2213
Leah and Andrew, May 2010.  A perfect little garden bouquet with a mix of purples, magentas, whites and greens.  My favorite thing about this one is the mix of textures, and also the little purple pom poms that I used as an accent on the wrap.  So fun!


IMG_6049
Carolyn and Rich, December 2010.  My most recent bouquet for a friends New Years Eve wedding.  Beautiful spring flowers are available right now like these little white tulips (one of the brides favorite flowers) and these dazzling red peonies.  Aren't they gorgeous?


Untitled 2


Joanna and Andy, June 2010.  Although I'm always partial to color, with Joanna's simple palette of green and white really let the texture of the different types of flowers stand out.  I used dusty miller and lambs ear in these bouquets and I think the contrast of mint and lime green is subtle and lovely.


Untitled 6


47855_860716375489_16808500_46570360_8278116_n
Heidi and Zeb, August 2010.  As I said in my bridal bouquet post, Heidi gave me a ton of creative license with her wedding.  Something I've always wanted to try with bridesmaids bouquets is a different color, or flower for each girl.  And since every member of the wedding party was wearing a different kind of dress this idea was a perfect, keeping the bouquets simple, but complimentary.


And last but not least


IMG_3759
Brian and Ellen, September 2010.  This was my first wedding using a "fall" color palette.  Ellen and Brian got married at a country club, so she wanted to compliment the decor by using plaid as her theme.  The dahlias were beautiful, and the other flowers like scabiosa pods, cockscomb, and deep red roses added to the richness of the textures.


IMG_3756


EllenBrian_wed_217


I hope you've enjoyed my favorite bridesmaids bouquets of 2010.  Next up, arrangements!


love, emmy-ray


 



3 comments:

  1. i'm sad that mine didn't make the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last image. That floral belt is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of color and texture in the first bouquet, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete