Friday, March 19, 2010

Under Pressure

I realized yesterday that as of late my blog has become less "Handmaker of Things" as I haven't made anything in awhile.  I feel guilty to admit this, but I also figured that I am after all "handmaking" my entire home over, and I hope you lovelies are enjoying watching this process unfold.  If I had started a wee bit sooner on the re-decorate I probably could have done both, but as it stands I'm trying to paint EVERY single room in my house in a matter of months, which leaves little, to no room for anything else.  However I know it will all be worthwhile and I'm pleased as punch with the way things are coming together. 

I 3/4 finished the dining room yesterday.  However we have to move our monstrous "former desk" out of it before I can do the last wall.  Here's a hint at the color:

Photo on 2010-03-18 at 17.47 #2
I know, I know, you're probably thinking "Whoa, that's a whole lotta purple", but this photo can't do it justice.  Against our dark woodwork the color is rich and beautiful, it may be my second favorite so far (after the guest room)

I'm hosting a bachelorette party next weekend so that's part of the hurry up and get it finished factor.  I don't think every room will be done by then, but we are having an open house on April 17th, and my blog friends are invited as well!  Send me a message if you want details, otherwise stay tuned for the house tour coming at the end of April right here on my blog.  Happy Friday, I hope you all have a fabu weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment