Monday, March 29, 2010

Inspiration: Feeling geometric

Yes, yes, I am finally sitting down this week and seriously starting work on my new line.  I haven't made anything new in awhile, and I have about a million ideas and sketches of things I want to try, a feeling I'm sure all you creative peeps out there can identify with.  However I'm trying to create a collection, which implies cohesion so I must consolidate, and simplify my ideas to fit together. 

I find inspiration in pretty much everything, whether it be pop culture, art, fashion mags, the natural world, anything can trigger an "aha" moment for me.  However right now I'm totally feeling geometric.  Bold colors, angles, and clean lines.  Here's a few things I'm loving right now:

022410geopat-02_rect540
Everything about this is perfection!

022410geopat-08_rect540
Love the colors and angular lines.  Both images above from Apartment Therapy.

Christina_ricci_5388437
060m
The frocks on Ms. Ricci and Ms. Stam.  Get it girl!

Twine_gallery
As always the work of Yellena James.










This video by La Roux.  Genius!

and of course...

Geom1
The Gaga.





No comments:

Post a Comment