Friday, March 5, 2010

I need your help! Calling all interior design friends...

For the first time in my life I have a blank canvas and no idea what to do with it.  As you may know we are re-painting and re-decorating much of the interior of our home.  I've finished two rooms so far and been very happy with the results.  I knew just what colors I wanted, what kind of look, etc:

IMG_0623

Guest room


IMG_0600
Office

However with the downstairs rooms I am faced with a unique challenge, dark brown woodwork.  It's beautiful wood, and although I've wrestled with the idea I have decided not to paint it.  However it presents a decorating challenge that I find myself having a hard time with.  The dining room will be a very dark eggplant purple, but for the living room I wanted something that would bring more light to the room.  I was thinking of leaving it white or maybe a warmer white and just doing bright artwork, furniture and other decor.  But I want your opinion dear readers:

IMG_3634

IMG_3636

Thanks for your help, and wish me luck on my continued home improvement journey!  I'll post results as soon as I have it finished.




2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love the idea of keeping it light. I could see picking a really light gray in the same family as your office gray (which I love). Your firplace is fabulous you need some awesome art above that puppy that has some eggplant in it to tie them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like green...I think a bright green and dark brown would look fabulous together...and then spice it up with some fun artwork...Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete