Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Money Pit: Dining room sneak peek, before and after

One more step finished in our home improvement journey.  The dining room is officially finished, and I couldn't be happier with the results.  I think that it might be my favorite room that I've done in the house so far.  The deep purple wall color make it feel so rich and cozy.  Take a look:


IMG_3742
Before...


IMG_1804
after.  No longer a storage room for miscellaneous furniture.  The canvas in the corner is one of my most prized pieces of artwork.  It says "Every child is an artist, the problem is how to remain an artist once she grows up" -Pablo Picasso.  My two little sister painted it for me as a wedding gift.


IMG_1768


IMG_3743
Before, this used to be our office with this giant desk my husband has had since high school. 


IMG_1806
After, a proper cradenza (inherited from my grandmother) and filled with all our serving pieces, and table linens.  I hope to fill this whole wall up with art work one day. 


IMG_1815
Antique ice chest (now serves as the liquor cabinet).


IMG_1816


I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek at yet another room in our home.  Stay tuned for the fully finished house tour coming at the end of April!  Up next the stairwell, upstairs hallway, master bedroom, and bathroom. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that ice chest is stunning!! :) I want one! he he. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete