Monday, March 15, 2010

The Money Pit: Living room sneak peek, before and after

Happy Monday lovelies.  I finally finished up painting the living room.  Thanks to everyone for all their recommendations on colors and decor ideas.  I took little bits of everyone's advice and incorporated them to help complete the project.  It's been so gloomy out this weekend that I wasn't able to get the best snaps, but I thought I'd at least give you a sneak peek of the finished product!

IMG_1748
Finished and re-decorated mantle, including Loteria Prints from Hammerpress. Bought them awhile ago and wasn't sure where I was going to use them, but I loved them.  They are a perfect fit wouldn't you agree?

IMG_1750
My vintage apothecary and candy dish collection.

IMG_1753
Hammerpress print, phrenology head, vintage children's encyclopedias, and my great aunt's binoculars.

IMG_1752
Hazel approves of the changes.

IMG_1749
The rest of the room is a warm off white color.  It really brings a lot of light into the space, even on a gloomy day like this.

IMG_1758
Sitting area.  Sorry for the horrible lighting.

And here's a few of the before pictures just to give you an idea of what it used to look like:

IMG_3631

IMG_3632

The previous color was a grayish green.  It wasn't horrible, but with the dark woodwork it absorbed almost all the light that comes in through the windows.  We also had to keep the fireplace covered with plastic sheeting for fear of bats getting in (it happened a lot).  Fortunately when we did the improvements to the exterior we also had a cap put on the chimney to keep them out.

That's it for now.  Next up is the dining room, I only have a week and four days to get it all done before the bachelorette party I'm hosting.  This includes: painting the dining room, touching up the kitchen, painting the stairwell, the landing, and the upstairs hallway, possibly starting on the bathroom.  Wish me luck I'm going to need it.  And a complete top to bottom home tour post coming later this spring!

 



2 comments:

  1. i ADORE what you did in the fireplace, the cluster of glass pieces is so beauitful! such a great idea. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I love it. : )

    ReplyDelete