Monday, November 29, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving

Hello lovelies.  Monday again, and I have to admit all I've been doing since Thanksgiving is slugging around the house with Matt and the pups.  This year was our first time hosting a joint dinner with our families.  It was a lot of work, but fortunately went off without a hitch.  I love almost every holiday, but this is one of my favorites because it's all about two of my many favorite things: food and family.  


How did you celebrate the holiday?


IMG_5374
I embroidered felt leaves into napkins rings that were also place cards for everyone in our family.  My mom kept calling me "Martha" because of all my little DIY, crafty additions.


IMG_5336
Our take on the old Normal Rockwell classic


Norman-Rockwell-Thanksgiving


IMG_5377


IMG_0016


For a centerpiece I sewed a runner with fabric from bon bon atelier, put red roses and berries in mason jars, and used coordinating candles to finish everything off.  I kept the table linens simple with a vintage white lace number over a solid rust color.  The dishes were all white, and the napkins added a pop of color.


IMG_5349
An uninvited guest snuck his way to the table side.


Hope you had a fantastic holiday, and a super lazy weekend.  I know we did..


IMG_5367


love, emmy-ray



No comments:

Post a Comment