Monday, November 8, 2010

Audrey Kawasaki: Tangled

Hello lovelies.  It's Monday once again.  Sometimes it's hard to get to work, and get inspired at the beginning of the week, so today I wanted to share with you some of the beautiful work from one of my favorite artists, Audrey Kawasaki.  I found Audrey's work many years ago in college via Juxtapoze Magazine.  I was immediately drawn to her work.  She draws and paints on wood panels, allowing the warmth and grain of the pieces to enhance the work.  Each painting is intricately detailed, and I love her color palette.  Here are some of my favorite pieces from her solo show "Tangled" in Melbourne, Australia:


Maze_lj


Tangled_lj
Empty_lj
Three_lj
Water_lj
Secret_lj
Hope you've found Audrey's work as inspiring as I always do.  Follow her art blog, and keep up with her newest work and shows.



No comments:

Post a Comment