Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Money Pit: Homemade Rug

I'm back at it again, re-arranging and decorating, which is one of my favorite things after all.  I decided after we inherited my grandparents dining room table, that I no longer wanted another table in our breakfast nook.  It seemed a little redundant to me for our current lifestyle, that is considering that we never used either table for anything other than storage space for our junk.  


I moved my vintage sectional into the spot, which creates a cozy sitting space.  My next big project is to make a slipcover for it that will help it match the kitchen a little better, probably in a red and white pattern.  However the space felt a little empty.  What was missing?  A rug.  After hours of scouring the internet and finding that what I wanted was going to cost me an arm and a leg I decided to go ahead and make my own using a heavy canvas fabric and fringe I found online.  


IMG_0097


IMG_0098


I bought a drop cloth at the hardware store to back it with and to give it a little more weight.


IMG_0102


The final results (picture red and white patterned couches).


IMG_0103


I think Ollie approves.


love, em



1 comment:

  1. One mend-fault is worth two find-faults,but one find-fault is better than two make-faults.

    ReplyDelete