Friday, May 28, 2010

Claw footed couch, I mean bathtub, I mean both!

As the official blogger for the Wedding Hive I was contacted the other day by one of the members, Jill Morrison of Ruff House Art, a letterpress artist, graphic designer, and local girl.  She wanted to let me know about a fun project she had been working on, and while I didn't blog about it on the Wedding Hive website, it was just too cool to pass up. 


IMG_4136

In this day and age of re-purposing everything I am totally loving these bathtubs turned couches.  Jill was inspired to create her first tub/couch by images she found in a high end design magazine.  She said that her family was "skeptical" about the design at first but loved the results.  She received so many compliments from visitors to her home that on a whim she listed the tub couches on Etsy. 

Withing 48 hours Jill was contacted by a restaurant designer in New York decorating with all re-purposed items.  Jill was later commissioned by American Spirit Cigarettes to create these pieces inspired by their branding.  Not only do I love the shape of these two, especially next to each other, but I also think the color choices and print for the cushions are fabu!  Great job Jill.


IMG_4132


IMG_4145



2 comments: