Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Money Pit: Our Valentines Day House Tour

Matt finds my love of all things holiday "cute".  I have to say that I just can't help myself, I guess it's that part of me that loves to celebrate that get's all excited for those special days each month.  And of course it's another excuse to decorate, which can also be included on my list of favorite things. 


IMG_6186


IMG_6188


This is a new wreath that I made this year.  It's inspired by conversation hearts.  I wanted to use a fun mix of colors just like the candies, so I ordered some fancy felt from Giant Dwarf.  I embroidered messages onto each heart and filled it with stuffing to give it some dimension.  I wrapped a foam wreath form in yarn, and also created some pom poms.  I couldn't help but add a little sparkle so I glittered some wood beads, and used vintage sequin pink trim for the bow and hanger.


IMG_6189


IMG_6190


IMG_6156


I of course decked out the mantle using some of the red lantern lights we bought for our wedding, and the hearts I used to create a paper mobile last year.  I found some lovely red votive holders on sale for half off at Michaels, and some little heart lights for a dollar at Target.


IMG_6158


IMG_6164


IMG_6155
I think my grandma gave me these little guys many years ago.  They're super kitschy, which is right up my alley.  I put them out every year.


IMG_6178


The entry table has a few little valentines features here and there.  However the thing I'm most excited about is the frame I made to hold Christmas cards, which I've hung up for year round use.  I like being able to switch out the photos easily, and having multiple ones of friends and family represented.


IMG_6176


IMG_6192


IMG_6174


IMG_6175
Of course Hazel couldn't help but get in on some camera time.


That's it, I hope you enjoyed my little Valentines tour.  


love, emmy-ray



No comments:

Post a Comment