Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Fabulous French Knot

I'm such a fan of embroidery, I like to do mine freestyle!  I find it's such a zen thing to do to keep your hands busy while sitting on the couch in the evenings.  That way when Matt's watching college basketball I don't feel guilty about not spending time with him, but I can still feel like I'm getting something done.  One of may favorite stitches has always been the french knot, which apparently isn't an easy one to master.  But just check out all these beautiful little things you can make:


French_knot_fabric_design
French Knot Monogram Project via Craftzine.


4822152_usDEOIpD_c
Colorful teardrops via Pinterest.


Jeanaeveklein2
Abstract French Knot Work by Jeane Eve Klein


Colours02-765808
I'm a big fan of this sweet little rainbow piece found over at carina's craftblog.


Now wasn't that fun?  I also found this tutorial that shows you how to make the "fool proof" french knot.  If you want to learn embroidery, it's definitely worth checking out.  Happy stitching!


love, emmy-ray



No comments:

Post a Comment