Friday, February 18, 2011

For the Love of Flowers: Moody Bridal Shoot

My friend bon bon Betsy e-mailed me the other day saying that they would be doing a bridal shoot at the antique store in Westport, and needed a bouquet.  When I asked her what the theme/color scheme was, she said there wasn't one, but the best way to describe the atmosphere of the shop would be "moody" and obviously antique/vintage.  So I went to the wholesaler, which was pretty much wiped out because of Valentines Day, and managed to grab a few lovely blooms.


IMG_6199
For some reason when I thought "moody" the first color that popped into my head was a deep magenta, red wine color.


IMG_6201
I wasn't sure if I was going to like the light pink peonies with this mix, but I think they provide a nice counterpoint and break up the bouquet a bit.


IMG_6206
I also got to use carnations, which I've been a big advocate for.  These ones were a deep magenta/purple inside with white outsides.  And the smell of this bouquet was delightful.


IMG_6210
I grabbed some hand dyed Hanna Ribbon, which I was introduced to by Julie of Coordinately Yours.  It really gives bouquets a more luxe feeling than the usual satin wrap.  


IMG_6198
And I just had to include the usual Hazel photo bomb pic.  She's such a curious pup, she has to investigate anything and everything I'm up to.


love, emmy-ray



1 comment: