Monday, December 20, 2010

Is Crowned Unto Thee...

I was contacted months ago by one of my old friends from college.  Her sister is getting married in January and she wanted to commission a pair of metal wedding crowns that they could wear during their ceremony.  I got in touch with the bride and we came up with a design.  This was my first time making anything of this nature, but it was much easier than I thought, and I was very happy with the results:


IMG_5468


Copper has such a warm, glowing quality.  I think I'm going to make some bangles like this for my "Spring" line.


IMG_5470


The bride was very happy with the results, minus the fact that I made them a bit too big (I'll be sure to ask for head measurements next time).  I hope that they add a little touch of handmade uniqueness to their wedding day.


love, emmy-ray



1 comment: