Monday, April 19, 2010

The Money Pit: Cane pattern madness!

Happy Monday lovelies!


We're getting close to being done with all the painting in our home, and last weeks project was the stairwell and upstairs hallway.  Ambitious little home decorator that I am I decided to paint a cane pattern on the walls.  I masked it off with painters "frog tape", no easy task mind you, and got to work.  I chose a lovely chartreuse green color (one of my favorites so far) and finished it up just in time for the open house we had on Saturday night.  Add a spiffy cane chair from bon bon atelier, and a wool striped rug from World Market, and wah-lah, a totally new look for what could be considered one of the formerly most boring parts of the house. 


love, emily


IMG_1999


IMG_2001
Hallway before...


IMG_2004
During taping...


 IMG_2070


IMG_2073
...and the final results



5 comments:

  1. WOW! If I did that it would have been SO crooked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! Love it - has a great retro feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you kidding me???? you taped and painted that fab-you-lous wall yourself??? holy crap, mamacita - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete