Monday, July 11, 2011

For the Love of Flowers: Pink and Green Heaven

One of my favorite things about doing flowers is working with and for my family and friends.  Recently my father in laws business celebrated their 25th anniversary and they hired me to do some flowers for their dinner.  I wanted to do something colorful and fun, and green and pink instantly sprang to mind.  I love being able to go to the wholesalers and just shop around for whatever tickles my fancy, and in this case it was peonies, asters, some green trick, and spiders, and these beautiful peach/pink rose they just happened to have on hand.  


IMG_8021


Green trick is one of my favorites.  I love it's mossy/grassy texture.


IMG_7999


I also made up a little bouquet to shoot before I stuck these guys in one of the arrangements.  The roses and peonies were just to full and lovely to pass up.


IMG_8005


IMG_8031


love, emmy-ray



2 comments:

  1. Emily, the flower arrangements you made for the centerpieces were gorgeous and a big hit for the lucky ones who were able to bring them home at the end of the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. Pink and green are one of my favorite color combinations. ..

    ReplyDelete