Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Money Pit: In the Garden (Summer 2011)

So I always complain to my husband about people who don't update their blogs, saying things like "why even have a blog", and "how hard is it to just update once a week?".  However low and behold, look who I've turned into, the once a month poster.  My apologies friends.  The good news, it's all due to being incredibly busy with tons of projects, and it's just plain silly not share them here, right?


I'll ease into things with some shots from around the house and in the garden that I took last week.  I really, really love my camera (a Canon Rebel T1i), and often forget how much I like taking pictures just for fun until I get around to snapping some shots.  I'm by no means a photographer, but with the image quality this thing produces it's hard not to "get into it".   


IMG_8265
Rose bush in our back yard, and no I didn't alter the colors, they really are just that bright and lovely.


IMG_8263
The first zinnia buds of the year.  I grew them from seeds and there's going to be a million of them.  I'll share more pics once they start blooming.


IMG_8266
The day lilies are O.O.C. this year, some are almost 5 feet tall.


IMG_8268
Matt arriving home from work, and the also gigantic rudbeckia growing next to the garage.


IMG_8271
Red asiatic lilies and coneflower buds.


IMG_8258
And some gratuitous dog pictures, just because I can't help myself...


IMG_8261


Thanks for touring my garden.  What are you growing at your house/apartment this year?


love, emmy-ray


 



1 comment:

  1. I love your Zinnias, I'm willing them to grow so we can see more photos!
    I've been having some problems with Snails but made a post and video about it at the weekend of how copper wire repels them! So I was all happy about that, and I came home today to find the Squirrel has been digging and eating my plants. I'm not happy atall. I'm going to have to make some sort of scarecrow, on a roof this won't be easy..

    ReplyDelete