Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ink Magazine Craft Challenge Results

***Edit: This morning after writing this I discovered that I was on the cover of Ink as well as the Kansas City Star.  Awesome!***

Remember when I mentioned the Ink Magazine Craft Challenge I was participating in?  Five local artists/crafters were given a bag of everyday items to create whatever we wanted.  I didn't want to spoil the surprise of what I made, but the article is up on INK's website, so I thought I'd go ahead and share with you lovelies.  Not sure if they are going to be picking a winner, but I had so much fun participating, and I always love seeing what other creative minds come up with.  Here's some pics, but find the whole article on Ink's website.  Thanks to Monica Watrous of Ink for choosing me!


Www-5.inkkc.com
Our materials... 

 
Www.inkkc.com
I made the belt from a VHS tape which I knited, then added hand made flowers as embellishment.


Www-1.inkkc.com
Bag made from plastic tablecloth, and cute fruit fabric from bon bon atelier.  


Www-2.inkkc.com
Cuff bracelet made from a tie, decorated with vintage buttons and hand made fabric flower.  I'm going to make more of these for the Honeypot Shop and Ric Rac Round-up


Www-3.inkkc.com
Headband made from plastic tablecloth, vintage earring, and feathers.


Www-4.inkkc.com
Necklace made from a record.  

Here's my favorite pics from each of the other designers:


Www-6.inkkc.com
Napkin rings made by Jeanee of Dirty Laundry using the leigh, and tie.


Www-7.inkkc.com
Necklace and ring made from the toothbrush by Andrea Ring of Amuck Jewelry Designs.


Www-8.inkkc.com
Plush toy made from a vintage neck tie by Amanda Tholen Long of Mash Handmade.     



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that necklace you made ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing your adorable photo all over town! Congrats - very exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Such great ideas :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete