Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My So Called Life: The Simple Plan

Last week I made trip to Chicago to visit my friends Claudia and James, but also to attend The Simple Plan Workshop, which is put on by Michelle and Kelly of Sage Wedding Pros.  What the heck is Sage Wedding Pros?  Only one of the most amazing blogs ever, geared toward wedding professionals.  They have advice on everything related to the wedding business, it's one of my favorite must reads.  



Logo_1349033654



TheExclusiveImage and logo via Sage Wedding Pros


Kelly and Michelle know their stuff, and they're super sweet to boot.  I'd heard about The Simple Plan workshop and the words "life changing" were used to describe it.  As soon as I heard they were coming to Chicago I bought my tickets.  It's a two day in depth look at your wedding business, and covers areas like branding, marketing, human resources, and of course finances.  Although I've been doing weddings for 5 years I never took the time to write a business plan, think about my mission statement, etc.  There are were even attendees who had already been to the workshop before, but they use it as time to reflect on and refine their business to improve it year after year.  Each facet is explained in depth and in terms that even a creative mind like mine can understand (which is quite a feat when it comes to finances).  Plus they talk a lot about setting goals and developing an action plan in order to use what you learn at the workshop.  Genius! 



Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.58.02 PM



Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.58.31 PM


Besides the wealth of knowledge that was bestowed upon us, we got to network with other wedding professionals, and talk about our experiences working in the industry.  This was one of my favorite parts of the workshop.  Getting to know so many awesome small business owners that I could so easily relate to.  It really helped me realize that I'm not alone in any struggles I may have, and that I'm doing some things right.  



564429_10151555276685489_1338638391_n
Photo via Sage Wedding Pros Facebook


Overall I have to say attending The Simple Plan workshop has changed my life, at least my business life, which has a huge effect on how I live day to day.  It's motivated me to want to do better, and make my business all that it can be!  A huge thank you to Kelly and Michelle.  Thanks for being so awesome, and willing to share your knowledge with other wedding pros, like me!


xo - Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment