Friday, April 19, 2013

Decorate: DIY Home Decor Projects

It's another round-up of fun posts that I created over on Paper Muse Press.  Not to brag, but it's a pretty great blog, and if you like anything related to cooking, home decor, DIY, weddings, basically all facets of lifestyle, it's one you must check out.  But now moving on from that shameless plus, I'd like to share a few of my favorite projects from the past year.  There's nothing like a home decor project, whether very small or large to spruce up your space!



Hung-in-Bedroom
Probably one of my favorite pieces of artwork in our home (and one of our most pinned projects) this antique window came out of our basement during the remodel.  I decided to spruce it up and add it to our newly refreshed bedroom.  On a side not, I can't stop painting things gold, it's a problem.  See the Antique Monogrammed Window Artwork post for the step by step.



IMG_5532-101
Nothing adds a bit of personality to a table quicker than chargers, and these were made out of the simplest material out there, plywood.  Paint them any color you want with various patterns, and whoola, a customized tablescape.  The best part is you can paint the opposite side a different color, or the whole thing for a whole new look!  Pop on over and check out the Plywood Charger DIY post. 



LIVING-ROOM
I love a good ombre dye project.  I mean who doesn't really?  I decided to try out this craze with some very simple, no sew curtains in bright beautiful turquoise blue.  See my Ombre No Sew Curtain DIY here.  



Before_and_after_vintage_stoolI'm a huge vintage lover, and piece that's handed down from family members is even more special.  This old stool used to belong to my grandmother, and I decided to give it a refresh by covering the seat with some new oil cloth.  See the Vintage Stool Makeover here.  



Washi-tape-herb-garden
And last, but certainly not least, the Washi Tape herb garden.  Washi tape is so fun, and it comes in a huge variety of colors and patterns, so it can be used for almost any project.  It's been stubbornly chilly here in the midwest, so I haven't even begun to think about planting my garden yet.  However a simple solution?  An indoor herb garden to tide you over til it warms up outside, made even more adorable with washi tape decor.  See the Indoor Washi Tape Herb Garden DIY here.


Thanks for checking out all my favorite home decor projects.  I hope you'll follow me over on Paper Muse Press for all my DIY projects, recipes, and more!


xo - Emily 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment