Monday, February 11, 2013

Flowers to Wear: One Giant Peony

Peony Hat-2

Creating flowers to wear is one of my favorite facets of my job.  I started emmy-ray as a jewelry and accessory design business, so taking fresh flowers and making beautiful hair accessories, or jewelry out of them is natural.  It's always fun to think outside the box, and it's refreshing in a way to give a different life to such a fleeting, ethereal item.  I had a few flowers leftover from Emily and Will's wedding (which I'll be sharing tomorrow), giant, beautiful flowers like cafe au lait dahlias, coral charm peonies, and giant purple allium.  What else to do but make hats out of them of course?  


Peony Hat-3


Peony-1


IMG_5738


I hope you enjoyed my first Flowers to Wear post.  I hope to make it a regular feature from now on.  

xo - Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment