Thursday, February 23, 2012

My So Called Life: Chicago in December

From reading my posts it seems like I pretty much split my time between Kansas City and Chicago, which I guess is partially true.  I don't travel all that much, but when I do Chi-town seems like the perfect destination since it's got some of my favorite people living there.  We got into all kinds of shinanigans including shopping at Top Shop, and bumping into a super cute and super pregnant Beyonce (no joke she brushed against us), having the most delicious waffles EVER, cocktails with the best view of the city, a silly photo shoot, and of course some crafting.  


 


Top Shop shoes.
The selection of shoes at Top Shop is cray-cray. I could hardly decide which pair to try first.


Michigan Avenue, Chicago
Michigan Avenue looked so lovely with all the lights on the trees.


Waffles, Chicago
Breakfast at "Waffles" with this lovely lady.


Waffles, Chicago.
Dark chocolate waffle with orange zest. Totally craving them now.


W carnival sign.
Took a pic of this cute W sign. Might be a fun DIY project to try out.


Hancock Tower, Chicago
The view from the top of the Hancock Tower where we had cocktails.


IMG_5115
We definitely had a silly photo shoot in the lobby. Love the lady below, miss her every day!


IMG_0163


 



Yarn and ornament DIY wreath.
Made this yarn and ornament wreath as a thank you to my hosts.



Thanks so much for sharing my Chicago adventure.  Now to plan my next trip...


xo ~ Em



1 comment:

  1. The waffles and shoes look seriously amazing! I need a Chicago trip soon!

    ReplyDelete