Thursday, November 3, 2011

Events: The Big Reveal Wedding Show

The Big Reveal is a unique wedding show here in Kansas City that takes place at several different event venues throughout the downtown area.  Trolley's shuttle brides from spot to spot where they meet vendors in all different categories.  I think the concept is great because it allows brides to see event spaces as well as the work of vendors in a setting other than a convention center where the larger shows are held.  


IMG_9437


 




My inspiration for my display came from a swatch of floral print fabric I found at bon bon atelier.  It had light and dark pinks, a rich plum, and chartreuse green (one of my favorite colors), along with beautiful lilies, roses, and other flowers.  I took the color scheme and ran with it, creating arrangements large and small, bouts, bouquets, and table settings.  Always fun to be able to do whatever I want with at table.


IMG_9432


IMG_9463


I made cotton strips with rough edges by tearing the fabric, and also mixed in some satin ribbon as well.  I got the idea from this amazing wedding I saw on Ruffled blog (by Bash Please! and shot by Love Me Sailor) and knew I wanted to incorporate it.


IMG_9443


IMG_9451


IMG_9417


I found this metal screen this summer and thought it would be perfect for some of the outdoor wedding ceremonies we're doing this year.  I added flowers to the top and swagged the fabric down for a bit of extra color.  I wanted it to look a bit "undone" and not super formal.


IMG_9407


One of people's favorite elements was the place settings with the green spider mum inside the globe vase.  I think having a complete set up really helps brides envision what their reception could look like.


IMG_9458


IMG_9436


I used Creative Candles in a deep plum color all over the table in pretty stacked circle holders.  Thanks for checking out my table design, hope you enjoyed my inspiration!


love ~ emmy-ray


2 comments:

  1. I love the green mum as well...it's like a mini terrarium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great look, love the use of the fabric strips especially. Founfd you through Botanical Brouhaha, Floret Cadet's post. I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete