Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Summer Bouquets

As you know from my previous posts I love growing zinnias in the summer in our backyard.  Our little Brookside home, doesn't afford us much yard space, but I take full advantage of what we do have.  I had a bit of time off from weddings in August, and starting missing working with flowers, so I cut some from the back yard and combined them with some blooms I grabbed from the wholesaler.


IMG_9304


 




I wrapped this bouquet in some Hanna ribbon, and Midori velvet ribbon I've been dying to use.  Such a rich texture and nice contrast to the warm tones of the flowers.


IMG_9317


Another view of the bouquet.  Isn't that multi tone peach zinnia just gorgeous?  Way to go mother nature!


IMG_9212


A little mini bouquet.  I think this one would make an adorable nosegay for a mother or flower girl.


IMG_9198


It's Hazel approved.  I'd like to say she just likes to inspect the flowers, but in the end she usually tries to nibble them.


IMG_9335


Then I took the bouquets apart and made them into two arrangements we could enjoy in the house.  Yay for fun summer flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment