Monday, August 16, 2010

Cut Paper Installation by Andy Singleton

Hello my lovelies, and Happy Monday to you all.  In the last few months I've been falling further and further behind on my Google Reader.  Real life has given me no time to enjoy reading all the sites that inspire me so much.  However last week I was able to catch up and I found some really amazing and lovely things.  What I wanted to share with you today was this cut paper installation by artist Andy Singleton. 


Fullshot2


Dustdetail7 

Titled "Dust Clouds in the Eagle Nebula" it's a super detailed and
inspiring piece of work.  One of my favorite parts: because it's cut
paper, it's slightly 3-D and the paper itself is interesting visually,
but also the shadows created by the parts that stand out from the wall
create details in the negative spaces as well.


Dustdetail1


Dustdetail2

Andy Singleton Online and source



1 comment:

  1. Just found you over at Freckled Nest. I am a cut paper fanatic...normally I go for smaller ones pieces that are more like pictures (Tina Tarnoff or Elsita), but I love this big and more abstract piece. It's incredible. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete