Sunday, September 9, 2012

About


Profile pic


Hi I'm Emily, blog enthusiast, floral designer, and small business owner.  


Handmaker of Things is a blog where I share the latest work from my floral and event design business, emmy-ray, as well as my other passions including design, DIY projects, cooking, as well as tid bits of my life, and projects and things that I find inspiring.  I don't just do one thing, but rather am a lover of all things creative, which is where the name of the blog came from (it's also the tagline of my business).


I started my businesse back in 2006 after graduating from college with a degree in metalsmithing and printmaking.  Originally the focus of my business was creating and selling jewelry.  In 2008 I did my own wedding flowers, and began getting referrals from friends and family to do other peoples weddings.  I continued to work a full-time job, and did floral design on the weekends, and in 2010 I was able to quit my day job and start working on running emmy-ray full time. 



6a0120a8026eb3970b017744a031df970d-650wi


My mom, Maureen, is my partner in crime.  She's my design assistant, and helps in creating beautiful pieces for every wedding and event we work on, as well as setting up events with me from start to finish.  When she's not working with me in the studio she spends her time being an amazing mom, volunteers, loves reading, and exploring new local spots in Kansas City.  I definitely inherited my creative talent from her!


My hope with Handmaker of Things is not only to share the latest news from my business, but also hopefully to inspire lots of people to also live a beautiful, hand made life!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment