Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Moneypit: Changes to the Kitchen

We're making some changes to the kitchen and I've been seeking out inspiration.  I want to put a sitting area in our breakfast nook, as we have only used the table that resides there once or twice to eat on, and we now have a complete formal dining room.  Plus whenever we host parties the kitchen is the place where most people like to gather and socialize.  


However I've been having trouble finding a interestingly designed sitting area for a kitchen.  Most are rather generic and boring, so I guess I'm left to my own devices.  But while browsing over at Apartment Therapy I did come across this lovely retro piece of renovation.  Gah, I die!  I'm loving everything about this space:



EastTulaneTour-16_rect640


 
EastTulaneTour-13_rect640



EastTulaneTour-01_rect540


Isn't it adorable?


love, em  



2 comments:

  1. That paint color is hard to nail correctly. I spent a loooong time getting it just right for my apartment. If you're interested, the Pooh's Favorite Things color from Disney paints is pretty spot-on. Apparently, bright quirky colors are only for kids.

    ReplyDelete