Friday, March 29, 2013

Bon Appetit: Cocktail Recipes

I've been so busy this past year with the floral design side of my business, and my new blogging job with Paper Muse Press that I've put off sharing lots of the work I've been doing.  Hard to believe it's been a year already working with the wonderful folks at Paper Muse Press, it's flown by so quickly.  I thought I'd make a point of sharing some of my favorite posts here on Handmaker of Things.  I love cocktails, mixing up traditional ingredients, but adding a little splash of something here and there to spice things up.  Here's a few recipes I created for Paper Muse Press.



Champagne-Cocktail-3


Nothing says cheers to the New Year like champagne, but this isn't your typical glass of bubbly.  I've been having a love affair with ginger in cocktails the last few years and discovered Morris Kitchen's Ginger Simple Syrup back in the fall of 2012.  I thought adding a splash, plus some cranberry would make a delightful way to ring in 2013.  Find the Cranberry Ginger Champagne Cocktail recipe here.



Set-up


White Sangria is definitely a party favorite of mine, because it's so easy to make in a larger batch.  Like it's darker counterpart, traditional sangria, it incorporates fruit and wine.  However for this recipe you use peaches, nectarines, and plums, and white wine of course.  Find the Peach and Nectarine White Sangria recipe here.



IMG_44741


Warmer weather is just around the corner, and what's more refreshing than sipping a cold cocktail on the porch on a hot summer day?  I created a flavored vodka and lemonade bar, with fresh fruit garnish.  Add a bit of mint for some extra refreshment, and ta-dah, the perfect summer cocktail!  Find the Lemonade and Vodka bar recipe here.  


Cheers - Emily


 



No comments:

Post a Comment